Thursday, January 17, 2008

I think I'll watch Pride and Prejudice

I'm sad today. I'm hormonal. I hate it. I read a news article online and got all sniffly. Just now I read a friend's blog and felt like crying a little when I saw a photo of a quilt his little sister gave him for his birthday.

It touched me, I think, because I know what it takes to piece together a quilt. It's hard, at least for me. It takes so much time and patience...I've started several. Never finished a single one.

And that makes me sad. I start things and don't ever finish.

I think today qualifies as one of those "bad" days. I woke up late, I got to work way later than I wanted to, managed to get marinara sauce on my shirt, I'm tired, I'm bored, I'm hormonal..(Damn you, hormones!)

I feel a little better now.

The girl on the other side of the cubicle wall just said, "Oh, my stars!" and that pretty much made my day. Thank you, Christine.

5 comments:

dan said...

almost crying? ... oh no!
It is a nice quilt, and I never could have made it, that's for sure.

I read this today. In Praise of Melancholy
Not sure if I agree with it altogether or if you'll think it's interesting, but is was somewhat interesting to me.

So Pride and Prejudice is a good movie, or a good movie to watch on bad days? both?

Marie said...

Thanks for the article. I don't think I agree with all of it either, but there are some things there that are definitely interesting. For me, sadness, or melancholy, is something that might consume me for a while, but when it's gone, things are more beautiful and I appreciate the people and the things in my life more. It's a relief to see the light after I've been in the dark. Yesterday I felt plain shitty. Today I feel pretty good.

P&P is a good movie...good for happy days, sad days, days when I'm pissed off, days when I'm indifferent. But I am female, so Pride and Prejudice enjoyment is pretty much genetic.

Jodi said...

I hope today is a better day Marie. You know I had the grumpies yesterday too and you know it's bad when Dr Pepper can't even fix it.

dan said...

I remember I liked the book (P&P). I read it a long time ago in one or two sittings, which is rare for me, so I'm sure I was "into it". But probably to preserve my manhood I haven't read any other JA or seen any of her freakin' chick-flicks.

When everything sucks for me I usually throw private rage tantrums until I get tired and start watching TV or re-organizing all my stuff. Dr. Pepper might be a nice addition to that.

Marie said...

Dr. Pepper is a good addition to anything.

And Hoder...yes, my day was much better. Chocolate from Truman's secret stash for sure helped.