Thursday, January 10, 2008

On dreams

I've always been a dreamer. I've always had very vivid dreams. And I've pretty much always been able to remember the dreams that I've had. Sometimes I think I should have started writing them all down years ago so that I could put them in a book or something. For now I'll just recount some dreams I've had lately.

Last night...I went with some random acquaintances to someone's house for a visit. There was a sign on the front door that said, "Please remove your shoes." In my dream I panicked a bit...I was so afraid that my feet were going to stink BAD since I had had my shoes on all day. I was standing on the porch wondering how I was going to get around taking off my shoes when I looked down and noticed the foot washing stream.

Coming out of the wall in the entry way of the house was this pretty little waterfall cascading down a cobblestone fountain. It ran into a shallow basin on the floor. You sat down on a little bench to remove your shoes and socks, then you took a step down into the basin, stood for a minute, and then stepped back up onto a plush towel on a vented tile floor, where warm air came up to dry your feet. After your feet were dry, you stepped into some ridiculously fluffy slippers. The water drained out of the basin and was refilled after each person stepped in, for sanitation purposes, I'm sure.

In my dream I was relieved and rather delighted. My feet were clean! They didn't stink anymore! I didn't have to worry about it!

I don't remember much else about this crazy dream. When I woke up this morning I thought to myself, "Hey, that's not a bad little invention I just dreamed about." Not very practical, but definitely cool.

Two nights ago...I was with a friend from work, Jaala, and we were out running some errands in her ghetto 70's car that was pieced together with parts from a million different cars. The trick to this car was you had to push it down a hill to get it started. It sucked trying to find a hill to park on every time we went somewhere so that we could get the car started again when we were done.

After finishing one errand we went out to the car and started to push it down the hill. One strange thing was that Jaala didn't sit in the car while she waited for it to start. She ran along side it, then would jump in after it started. So we're pushing the car down the hill and it won't start. So we keep pushing, the car goes faster and faster, and it gets away from us. Lucky for us because about the time we fell behind the car, it rolled out into an intersection and got hit by a delivery truck. We just stood there with our mouths open thinking, "I can't believe that just happened!"

And then I woke up.

The end.

2 comments:

dan said...

cool dreams. What was the delivery truck delivering?
I think therein lies the code to unravelling the mystery.

Is your blog pink to keep boys away? I'll probably read it anyway.

Jodi said...

Working hard on those transcriptions eh? ;) I love how detailed your dreams are! I think you should invent the foot washing stream cause it sounds like a good idea to me.