Sunday, February 10, 2008

Weekend update

Wow...it's been a while. I was thinking that I would use the excuse that it's because we're boring, but then I started thinking about my week, and it was definitely not boring. It was quite busy.


Monday-Cam and I got to go to our first Jazz game of the season. (Last season we got to see 5. I used to work with the PR lady who would give out unused tickets to the company's 15th row seats. Since starting my new job I don't work with her anymore. Dang.) Anyway, the Jazz played New Orleans and kicked @ss...it was a lot of fun. I love the energy at the ESA. I also love that I have turned my darling husband into a sports fan during our wonderful 3 year marriage.







Wednesday- While watching the Jazz defeat the Nuggest in a nail-biter, Cam nearly jumped off of the couch when Williams made his 3 point bucket in the final moments of the game. I love it...it makes me happy when my quiet, calm husband goes beserk while watching a basketball game on t.v.


Friday-Riverdance. Yes, Riverdance. I have made fun of this phenomenon for as long as I can remember. Who ever heard of a bunch of pansies trying their darndest to keep their upper bodies from moving at all while their feet go bananas? We went on a double date with my in-laws and Buffy (her date was inconveniently a world away. So it was a double date plus one). I have to admit...Riverdance is one of the coolest things I have seen or heard. There was a live band and they were amazing.


Saturday-Janica and David's wedding. The wedding was beautiful. The reception was madness. Mama, Aunt Chris, Stacy and I were assigned to the kitchen. Kitchen duty for 7 freaking hours! Trying to keep kids out of a punch fountain is a joke. Keeping eclair cake out of the carpet when said kids are hauling it all around the reception hall, equally not amusing. Let's not forget to mention the ants that took quite a liking to the wedding cake. At least I had good company and lots of DDP. Much love to Jani and Dave. Best of luck to you!

Next week: Going to Kanab. Hooray for long weekends.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

You did not tell me you were going to Riverdance!! Fun!

Also, I love the new look. I thought I had clicked on the wrong link for a second.