Monday, January 07, 2008

On the weekend

So...I didn't do a dang thing all weekend. Well, unless you call countless hours of t.v. watching, PS2 playing, movie watching not doing a dang thing. Can I tell you how good it felt? It felt good.

I was in my jammies until 5:45 p.m. on Saturday, since we had to babysit R-dog and Nater-Monkey on Saturday night. ( I just made those names up. I like them. That's what I'm going to use for Ryan and Nathan from now on. Yay!) So we stopped at Winger's in Lehi for a quick dinner and headed to the Mount of Eagles to play with the boys. What a hoot. R-dog was so excited to see Uncle Cam that he was talking so fast we couldn't understand a word he said. And Nater-Monkey, although not quite as excited, was pretty darn stoked to see his Aunt Weez. He gave me a tour of the house, walking around pointing and making his various monkey noises which roughly translate to, "Hey, Aunt Weez, check it out! It's a computer! And hey, look over here! Books!! Ooh! Ooh! Look at my new Thomas train! Socks!! Binkie!!" You get the idea. I love those boys. I wish we saw them more...

On Sunday we missed two baby blessings (oops :/) because we both slept in until about 10:00. Cam never does that. He must need it. I was in my jammies ALL DAY on Sunday. We had hot cereal for lunch (Zoom, anyone?) and microwave popcorn for dinner. Not healthy, I know. I should be ashamed since my goal for 2008 is getting in shape.

Speaking of, I lost 4 pounds in the last week. It's probably a fluke. Just water weight or something. But I'm still very excited. I'm eating more fiber so I don't snack so much. My digestive tract is shocked. Fiber in the new year. Yeah, intestines, get used to it.

I'm very excited to hopefully get my new (used) elliptical on Saturday if the weather cooperates. The past two weekends haven't cooperated at all, and you can't haul a peice of indoor excercise machinery in the back of a truck in a blizzard. Well, you could, but I'm not gonna. I am excited to start moving on my new machine. I love ellipticals. Cardio while watching t.v. in the comfort of home where no one can see me sweat and pant because I am ridiculously out of shape and pathetic. AND, no shinsplints and sore knees from the impact. Whoever invented the elliptical machine is a genius, and probably deserves my friendship.

Joey had to go home yesterday...sniff...I miss that girl! She is my sparkly princess cupcake and I love her!


And did I mention she can husk corn?

2 comments:

Jodi said...

"Yeah, intestines, get used to it."

Ha ha ha. This is why we are friends.

dan said...

foxy husker!