Friday, June 27, 2008

Change of address

It's funny how the smallest, most unimportant thing can totally make my day.

Since last August, when I started my new Admin job, I have hated my desk. My workspace was cramped, and I was located next to VP who I don't work with, and who had a lot of visitors. Needless to say, I had absolutely no privacy, and I got tired of having no choice but to listen to people's conversations while they waited to go into the VP's office for a meeting, or for a post-meeting chat on their way out of his office. They would lean on my cubicle wall, which would make my desk shake. If I wasn't at my desk, they would steal my pens and post-it pads. The most annoying thing was that people assumed I was his assistant because my little cube was right next to his office. So I constantly had to deal with people being annoyed with me because they couldn't understand why no, I don't know his schedule, I can't make you an appointment with him, I don't know what time his conference call is, I don't know which meeting he is in, and I don't know what time he's coming to work today, if at all.

I was very happy when I learned about a week ago that this VP had hired an assistant, and that he wanted her to sit where I was sitting for obvious reasons. Let's just say that I was more than a little happy to oblige.

This morning I moved .

And it has totally made my day.

1 comment:

Hilary Jan said...

Yay, I feel as thought the world is now more logical, don't you!?!?! I am so glad this fixed itself, I like where you are now. PS totally off topic, we are going to Dark Knight in 3 days and some hours, woo hoo!!!