Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Time? What time?

So...a lot of things have changed in our lives lately.

Well, really just one major thing: I'm not working anymore.

It was just time. I had been at Nu Skin for 10 years and I always regretted not finishing my bachelor's degree. So it felt like the time was right to leave my job and go back to school.
Of course, I left myself what I thought was plenty of time to get things done at home.

I have so many things that have been pushed to the back burner. Every room of my house needs to be seriously cleaned, sorted through, and have things thrown out or donated.

And it is completely overwhelming.

Since my last day of work on July 9, I have been to New Mexico, had the flu, helped my Mama sort through things in my aunt's classroom, run errands, etc...

...but nothing has been done in my house.

Sigh.

I started sorting through the mountains of mail that have been piling up for the last few months. So I guess that's a start.

And I'm caught up on laundry, so I guess that's something.

I've added tons of music to my iPod. See? I have priorities. ;)

So, I guess what I mean to say is, I thought I would have so much time to get everything done, and more time to blog, scrapbook, send letters and cards, finally finish a quilt, yadda yadda yadda...

So far, nope.

And time is running out.

And August promises to be much busier than July.

Dang.

But, I still have to say...I LOVE being a housewife! I really am getting small things done around here, just not to the scale I had hoped. So there really is progress. My visions of grand accomplishment have not been met yet, but it will come.

Now, if we can just get that budget figured out and actually stick to it...

No comments: