Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Anniversary to US!


I can’t believe it has been four years since our sunny, though still cold, winter wedding. It was a gorgeous day…absolutely perfect! We’ve done a lot, seen a lot, experienced a lot since then. I can’t believe how time flies! Please, allow me to gush…

Every day I am thankful for Cameron. He is truly my knight in shining armor. And I found him when I wasn’t looking! How lucky is that? He’s been a true friend to me. He loves me for who I am, and he hasn’t tried to change me. Sometimes I wonder how such a sweet, caring, wonderful and intelligent person chose average old me to spend forever with. He doesn’t even get mad when I go shopping. I truly do feel like the luckiest girl in the world.

Cam and I love so many of the same things. I think we’re pretty lucky that way. We like the same kinds of movies (Twilight excluded, of course), a lot of the same kinds of music, we love to fish, camp, hike, go for drives, and just hang out. We share a pretty dorky sense of humor. I guess I’m just glad that he gets me.

One of the things that I am most grateful for is that he loves my family. He fits so well with my family. He and my dad like to go hiking and fishing together. My mom thinks he is pretty great, too. She says without a doubt he is her favorite son-in-law. (For those who don’t know, I am my parents’ only daughter…so they only have one son-in-law…haha!) My brothers all really like Cam, too. They always find stuff to talk about, and even hang out occasionally. And don’t get me started with the nieces and nephews. I’m pretty sure I was the favorite until Unka Cam came along…now I’m chopped liver. If I ever dare show up to a family event without him, the first thing to escape their angelic little mouths is, “Aunt Weez, where’s Unka Cam?” Or, “Awwwww…but I wanted to play with Unka Cam!” Sheesh, kids…I know he’s great, but what am I? Oh, yeah…chopped liver. : ) But seriously, I understand. Because there is no one I would rather play with, either. I am glad that Cam understands how important my family is to me. I think I would probably shrivel up and die if I didn’t get my at least once monthly game of cards with Gramma Hiatt. And I like to hang out with my Mama. So the fact that he loves my family, and likes to hang out with them…huge bonus!

Luckily for me, Cam came from a great family, too. Trust me, there is definitely no in-law anxiety going on in our marriage. I don’t know a lot of people who can say the same thing. We love to go on little adventure trips with Max and Sharon. We have so much fun when we do stuff like this! We just pile all of our stuff into the truck, and hit the road. We camp or stay in motels, and we just have fun exploring. The Whettens also love to play cards. So we have fun game nights. We laugh, we play, we carry on, we go home happy.

So, basically, I guess what I’m saying is, I love Cam! I love him ‘more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow.’ I look forward to the two of us being wrinkly old porch sitters. Cam can strum on his guitar, and I will rock in my chair while I crochet blankets, or knit some mittens. Doesn’t that sound fabulous? I think so!

6 comments:

Stacy Risenmay said...

Congrats!!!

dan said...

yeah, nice post and great going!

If you can though, stay out the cold, and be nicer in your movie selection.

Stacy Johnson said...

Congrats!! I love you guys! We need to play cards SOON!!!

Ashlee said...

Oh, I wish I could have come to your wedding. He sounds so great. And yes totally perfect for you!! So happy you guys found each other!

Sheri Willardson said...

Happy anniversary! You sound happy and I'm glad you are married to guy who treats you so good.

PS-I love all the music on your blog.

Hilary Jan said...

Awwwwwwwwwww! I am way behind in reading blogs but that was precious! I am so glad that you have Cam and you two deserve each other! And yes, all of those sentences deserved an exclamation point!!