Monday, October 27, 2008

Where am I?

Wow, I am a pathetic blog poster. I can't seem to keep up. I could never keep a journal, either. This is not going to be an exciting post, and a little personal. But the only peeps who actually read this are people who I don't mind knowing what's up in this messed up brain of mine...

Life is nuts! I work all day, then go to school 2 nights a week. Lately I get home and I have zero motivation to do anything. Not cook, not clean, not homework, not exercise...not even read! Nothing! It's taking it's toll, for sure. But I'm not too worried about my mental state just yet. I'm convinced my body is just taking time to adjust to the changing season. I tend to get in a funk during this time of year, even though autumn is one of my favorite times of the year! It makes no sense!

I have had a lot on my mind lately. I've been thinking a lot about school. I am enjoying my classes, but I keep thinking that I'm not headed in the right direction. I miss psychology. So I think next semester I will take a psych class to see if I really miss it as much as I think I do, or if I'm just overwhelmed with new stuff so I want to go back to what is familiar. But I keep having thoughts like, "Maybe I should do this? Or that instead?" And I start second guessing every scholarly decision I've ever made. Not cool.

I've been thinking about my job. I like my job. I like the company I work for. I like my boss, my coworkers, and the enviroment I work in. I just keep feeling like I need change. Unfortunately, there are so many things to consider when thinking about changing jobs, especially when I carry our health insurance, and we get have discounted auto insurance, yadda yadda...

I've also been thinking a lot about babies. I get scared sometimes when I think about not having babies. I had a conversation at lunch a few weeks ago with a friend who is having similar fertility issues. She said something like, in the long run, we really are young, so there's no need to panic yet. However, she worries that she and her husband are becoming so used to their childless lifestyle, and she feels selfish sometimes, like maybe a baby would throw a wrench in the way they live their life, so what if they become so selfish they decide they don't even want to have a baby. That got me thinking...could I ever get this way? I mean, I've thought of all of the options available to Cam and me if I'm not ever able to get pregnant. But what if after all of these years we're too selfish to even consider any of these options? I'm not saying that I would, but it was definitely something to think about. And the thought of not wanting a baby scares me, maybe even more than the thought of not being able to have babies.

It's past my bedtime, so I will end this post of messed up brain-ness. And hopefully soon I will post some pictures of our most recent happy adventures!

7 comments:

Amy S. said...

Oh, the joys of juggling work and school - I know that life better than I'd like to. Hang in there because it's SO worth it. And there's no harm in taking another psych class, right? At least you'd know in the end you made the right choice for YOU. BTW, what classes are you taking? I must have missed the part where you decided to do something different.

Also, sorry my friend about the fertility stuff. I know it can be agonizing. But I know the day will come and you guys will be amazing parents. And you'll have so much appreciation for it. You'll be a stronger person in the end for having to struggle in the beginning.

I was so happy to see a post from you in my google reader! And I love all the thoughts written down - it helps me feel like we're still friends chatting on the consoles. :)

Ashlee said...

Do I remember you!! OF COURSE! HEY! This is soooo fun I just started bloggin in May and I have found sooooo many people! That is why I am public for a long while! I don't see any pictures of you??? How are you?? Where do you live? What have you been up to??

Stacy Risenmay said...

Hey! I love your blog too! You're a hoot. I am with Ashley. Where are all the pics?

Jodi said...

I heart you my friend. It was so good to run into you today. The time will come, I know it will.

Jaala said...

Yes, the joys of school, work, and thoughts. I have the same thoughts as you when it comes to kids. Although I have to admit... I am having the no baby thoughts more and more. It is scary! But just know you have a great support system and lots of people who love ya! And whatever happens... happens! Love ya girlfriend!

Ashlee said...

Hey Okay tonight I heard a song that would have made me think of you reguardless if we hadn't reunited blogging. "Bitc#" I remember you saying that you loved that song one day while we were all eating lunch in the hall. I still remember that. Funny, uh?

Hilary Jan said...

Oh Marie! I hate when busy life gets us in a rut! I enjoy your personal blog, keeps things real ;)