Monday, August 18, 2008

Tagged Again...Crazy Eights

Thanks for the tag, Jaala. Ok, here we go....

8 things I'm passionate about:

1. Cameron

2. My marriage

3. My family...immediate and extended

4. Nature (except for spiders and mosquitos. Does passionate hatred count?)

5. Books. Fiction, non-fiction, textbook, cookbook, how-to...doesn't matter. Books are so valuable. They always have been to me. I like to have a lot of them at my disposal at all times. I read a lot.

6. Naps. A simple nap can cure the worst days, moods, headaches...

7. Traveling, even though I haven't done much, and I mostly travel close to home. That will (hopefully) change someday. I am the kind of person who needs to get out and explore.

8. I had something here, but it was kinda preachy and soap-boxish and I decided that I'm not brave enough to post it yet. So I'll leave it like this for now...


8 books I have read recently (and you should read them, too!):

1. City of Ember (repeat)

2. Breaking Dawn

3. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (in progress)

4. Freakanomics (in progress)

5. The Host

6. To Kill a Mockingbird(repeat)

7. Persuasion

8. Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse (Many repeats, and I count them as one becuase I read them fast and one after the other)


8 things I often say:

1. "I love you."

2. "Whatever."

3. "Sweet." (spoken with a Cartman accent)

4. "Kick ass!" (also spoken with a Cartman accent. I am so juvenile and not very ladylike sometimes)

5. "Hi, this is Marie." (on the phone at work)

6. "Use your freaking blinker, loser!" (or something to that effect)

7. "Gah!"

8. "Huh?"


8 things that annoy me:

1. Bad drivers

2. Parents who insist on hauling their babies and young children to movies that are not meant for kids (The Dark Knight, Wanted...are you kidding me?), thus subjecting the rest of the theater to restless, noisy, screaming, whiney kids for the duration of the movie. Two words, people: 1.Baby 2. sitter.

3. Political commentators. I don't care if you call yourself Conservative, Liberal, or neither. You are all biased hypocrits who just like to hear the sound of your own voices as you argue your ridiculous and baseless points which are almost always lies, fabrications, or out of context. Your opinion does not equal fact and you aren't always right. Shut up.

4. Fuel prices.

5. When our air conditioner pulls the neighbor's stinky second hand cigarette smoke into our house.

6. News anchor people who try too hard at playful banter. Stick to the news. If I want comedy I have a channel for that.

7. Nose whistles. If you have a nose whistle, get a tissue and remove the booger! Gah!

8. Middle-of-the-day lawn waterers. Especially here in our lovely desert.


8 things I look forward to each day:

1. Seeing Cam

2. The hilarious conversations that Cam and I have. I love that we make each other laugh every day.

3. Looking at the mountains

4. Flowers

5. Sunshine

6. Listening to Radio From Hell. It's silly, I know, but I really do look forward to listening as I get ready for work.

7. Eating lunch with the ladies. We laugh, we vent, we listen, we eat good food (usually)...thanks ladies!

8. Snuggling into my bed at the end of the day.


8 things I look for in a friend:

1. Honesty

2. Good sense of humor

3. Friendly (makes sense, doesn't it?)

4. Tolerant of my occasional (almost always) politcally incorrect-ness

5. Live in exciting places...like New York City and England...so I can come and visit and stay for free. (Haha...this is a joke. Except that I really do love that I have friends who live in these places...so I guess it's not a joke. Crap. Am I a bad person??)

6. Doesn't mind burps and farts (not that I do that. I'm too dainty)

7. Similar interests. I like to discuss books, movies, music, stuff like that.

8. A good listener. You've got to be able to handle my occasional ventings and frustrations, as well as my long stories.


8 things I want to do before I die:

1. Have babies

2. Finish a quilt

3. Own a home

4. Go skydiving

5. Write a book

6. Write a song

7. Climb a mountain

8. Travel


8 things I have learned this past year:

1. It's ok to go back to school, even if you feel like an old lady on a campus full of teeny-boppers.

2. Make every moment count, and not take so many things for granted.

3. My opinion is just as valid as everyone else's and I shouldn't be afraid to share it, even when my opinion is not popular.

4. It's ok to go into a store and not spend money.

5. Having a good attitude makes life a lot easier.

6. Paying off debt makes life and relationships so much easier

7. Everyone has moments when they feel like a freaking idiot, so it's not so bad when I have these moments.

8. Life is pretty crappy sometimes, but it's ok!


8 people I tag:

1. Christa

2. Becky

3. Kami

4. Alison

5. Hilary

6. Jodi

7. Stacy

8. anyone who happens upon this and wants to play along.

3 comments:

Jaala said...

You are so welcome for the tag! HEE HEE. Yes, I agree... paying off debt does wonders for your marriage! Yippee!

dan said...

when I feel like it, I'll use my blinker. Got it?

those Twilight books are cashing in. My sister-in-law, my Mom, ... and now Marie?

Jodi said...

I tagged you back. Well, with a different tag, but yeah. Tag!

Also, hooray for lunch buddies. I love you guys!