Thursday, March 13, 2008

Eenie, meenie, miney, MO!

I have been tagged by Jodi. Now I guess I have to play. I have been tagged twice so there are two little things I have to do. First, I will do the 6 relatively unknown facts/habits about me. Then I will do the 5 things thingy...here goes:

The rules are as follows:1. The player lists 6 relatively unknown facts/habits about themselves.2. At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names, and then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment, letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog for the rules.

1. More people know me by my nickname(s) than my given names. Most popular and widely know is Weezie/Weezer/Weez/Weezie Bug/Weezie Bob. My nieces and nephews, at least on the Kelley side, all call me Aunt Weez. And I love it. Growing up my mother rarely called me by my given name, unless I was in trouble, in which case it was usually my full given name: "Marie Elizabeth Kelley, get in this house right now!" In a lot of cases she referred to me by my middle name: "Elizabeth, telephone!" And for normal, day to day stuff, it was Orphan Annie, Annie Oakley, Sis, Sissy, Sisty Ugler (referring to the play "Rinder Cella and her Sisty Uglers"), or the more common Weezie/Weez/Weezie Bug. Grandpa and Grandma Hiatt called me Suzie. Grandpa Kelley called me Sugar. George Anderson calls me Rio. The Rohbocks call me Forrest (as in Gump). It's a wonder I don't have multiple personality disorder...or do I?

2. I have a serious aversion to spiders. I don't know if it's necessarily arachnophobia, but even typing that word made me throw up in my mouth a little. If there is a spider in a room I will not go in it. If there is a spider by a door, I will find another door or not go in at all. If there is a spider in the shower, I will not use it. If by some horrible chance I touch a spider by accident, I flail about and get a little sick. I have had some very nasty spider experiences. Once while cleaning out my closet I found a nest of eight legged demons. I won't go into the details of what happened upon this discovery, but it was not pretty. I'm fairly sure mom thought I was having a seizure. Let's just say it took several weeks before I would sleep in my room again.

3. I have lived in the shadows of the everlasting hills, in view of "The Greatest Snow on Earth" for pretty much my entire life and I have never been skiing or snowboarding. Pathetic? A little. However, I am quite clumsy and accident prone. I'm sure that giving in would result in near death.

4. In second grade I played a piano solo in the school talent show. "Whoopee," you say. But what if I told you that I had never had a lesson and my family didn't even own a piano? Impressed now? You should be! I played it through perfectly in front of the entire school. I still remember that the song was "Swans on the Lake" and I could probably play it for you right now.

5. I have an uncanny ability to memorize pretty much every movie or song I see or hear. The first one I memorized was Disney's Sleeping Beauty. My brothers hated me for a long time. Next was Annie. My brothers hated me more. Then it was Janeen Brady's "Standin' Tall" book and tape series. I would put the tapes in and say every single word to the stories and the songs. I would even do voices. My favorites to quote would be Better off Dead, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Forrest Gump, Star Wars movies, Dumb and Dumber...wow, this list could get long. My husband and family keep telling me that I should be a contestant on one of those fill in the blanks singing shows on TV. I would probably be pretty good at it, except for I get stage fright. Yikes.

6. The first and only time I have ever been drunk was when I was about 2 years old. I downed a half a bottle of orange Triaminic. I developed quite a taste for my libation of choice and Mom couldn't keep me away from it. I actually climbed up the cupboards so that I could reach it. I'm sure Mom was scared for my safety, but was also quite entertained by my drunken antics. I'm glad I got that out of my system early on in life.

Now for the 5's:

5 years ago I was... skinny(er than I am now), working at Nu Skin, making plans to go back to school, planning visits Joey in NYC, and only 23 years old...

5 months ago I was...Turning 28, working at Nu Skin, introducing Jodi to the pure joy that is Newsies, planning my Halloween costume, getting excited for the holidays..

5 things that worry me...$$$, my lack of pregnancy(still!!), the economy, my dad's disease getting worse, Cam's brother, Russ, being in Iraq...

5 bad habits...procrastination, eating sweets, watching TV, staying up too late, buying things I don't really need...

5 of my favorite places I've lived...well, I've only lived in 4 places: South Gate, CA, Payson, UT, Santaquin, UT, and Orem, UT..but my very favorite is old Santaquin. It was a great place to grow up.

5 things in my virtual shopping bag...this, this, this, this, and this.

5 of my favorite things to blog about...Cam, nieces and nephews, our adventures, friends, the fact that I'm a dork...

5 people I tag...I don't think I have 5 people to tag...but Christa, give it a shot!! And anyone else who feels the need. It's kinda fun.

No comments: